WHERE DO YOU START?
- BEFORE you begin studying FIRST go to the "ASSIGNMENTS:
BEGIN HERE" link on Blackboard. This is very important since
we may not read all sections of a chapter and you will be assigned
and graded on extra activities that are not in the textbook.
- A "Week" means a "Chapter", but it may be only part of a
chapter and include pages form other chapters
- Always put "GEG 100" and a message in the
subject lines of e-mail messages sent to the me. To avoid viruses,
I delete messages prior to reading them if I don't know who they
are from. Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- We do NOT meet at Harper once a week and there is NO
certain time that you must be online.
- You are NOT on your own. Your instructor is available to
provide assistance and answer questions:
- Blackboard Discussion
Board for any question which might be of use to other
- E-mail for personal questions:
- Call me
- Harper: 847-925-6352 (call my home numbers first in the
- Home: 815-728-1571
- Cell: 815-861-7265
- DISCUSSION BOARD
- Use the Discussion Board for any question which might be of
use to other students - like asking a question in class. Do not
ask such questions via e-mail. If you use the Discussion Board
everyone can "hear" the answer.
- It is strongly suggested that you SUBSCRIBE to the
discussion board thread so that you get an e-mail whenever a
new message is posted.
- SOME OF YOU WILL NOT COMPLETE THIS COURSE
- Distance learning courses tend to have a high drop rate.
Many of you will not complete this course. If you cannot devote
at least as much time to this course than you do to regular
face-to-face college courses, drop now
- College Counselors suggest that you should spend 2 hours
studying EACH WEEK for each course credit-hour. Since this is a
3 credit-hour online course you should spend around 9 hours
EACH WEEK preparing (3 hours that you would normally be in
class and 6 additional hours). I the summer eight week course
these times need to be doubled.
- Everything that you need to do is listed under the
ASSIGNMENTS - BEGIN HERE link on our Blackboard website.
REMEMBER: The place to begin is the Blackboard
"Assignments-Begin Here" link.
INSTRUCTOR: Mark Healy
E-Mail instructor: email@example.com