Academic Planning and Pathways
Establish practices that empower and support students in exploring and identifying academic options for effective planning and progress toward achieving their educational goals.
At Harper College, this refers to developing and providing our students with forms of communication, information and guidance to support them in effectively identifying and completing their educational goals. The intent of this goal is not to limit the educational options of our students, but to provide resources that contribute to students’ progress toward their goals.
Goal Targets 2016-2019
- Implement Areas of Interest structure by August 2017.
- Reduce the number of “undecided” students at time of application from 25% to 15% by fall 2018.
- Reduce the number of “undecided” students at time of registration from 8% to 5% by fall 2018.
In FY2018 the team plans to:
- Implement additional web page changes including new imaging, workforce information, and transfer information for each Area of Interest.
- Develop Area of Interest teams.
- Develop and implement internal marketing campaign highlighting Areas of Interest.
- Collaborate with other campus teams regarding redesign of application, onboarding, student portal, catalog, and First Year Seminars to reflect Areas of Interest.
- Collaborate on the implementation of a new advising model, designed around Areas of Interest leading to every degree seeking student having a point person on campus.