Alignment of Employee Skills
Expand and support professional development opportunities to enhance employee knowledge and skills with respect to the strategic directions and goals.
The enrichment of skills extends to all employees and includes the ability to pursue appropriate forms of relevant professional development. This goal places emphasis on inclusion for all employees, while promoting the acquisition of the knowledge and skills needed to support the College’s strategic plan. There should be consideration for allocating sufficient financial resources in order to afford a variety of learning opportunities to engage in relevant professional development, and it should be recognized that Harper College is indeed fortunate to include unique employees with unique needs.
Goal Targets 2016-2019
- Identify barriers to employee participation in professional development.
- Implement a process for scaling up employee skills in relation to other teams' initiatives by fall 2017.
- Increase the percent of employees who are satisfied with support, recognition and value of professional development at Harper College by 5% from fall 2016 to fall 2019 (as measured by Personal Assessment of the College Environment (PACE) survey items).
- Design an online dashboard to communicate professional development opportunities.
In FY2018 the team plans to:
- Administer survey to identify Harper employees’ barriers to participation in professional development.
- Implement process to assist other goal teams in providing professional development related to their strategic goals.
- Implement Professional Development Dashboard to consolidate all professional development training for easy reference by employees and supervisors.