Ensuring a Strong Future
Thank You for Supporting Harper College
On November 6, 2018, voters in Community College District 512 affirmed that Harper is critical in providing affordable education to keep our communities and local businesses competitive in a rapidly changing environment. The plan they approved supports the following three priorities:
- A hub for regional economic development.
- A home for the University Center partnerships which provide four-year degrees in high-demand fields.
- A center to help residents keep skills current for today’s workplace.
Let us know if you have questions about Harper's Community-Driven Plan for the Future.
The Ballot Question
“Shall the Board of Trustees of William Rainey Harper Community College District No. 512, Counties of Cook, Kane, Lake and McHenry and State of Illinois, acquire real property, build and equip new buildings, build and equip additions to and alter, equip, repair and renovate existing buildings of the District and issue the bonds of said Community College not to exceed $180,000,000 for said purposes?
- Voters Approve Harper College Borrowing Plan (Daily Herald)
- Prepare for the Future (Infographic)
- Endorsement: Daily Herald says 'yes' to Harper College referendum (October, 19, 2019)
- Harper working to tackle the skills gap
- 5 years, 4 promotions, 2 certificates, 1 degree and counting
- View the "Preparing Our Community for the Future" presentation
- Students embracing chance to earn four-year degree on Harper's campus
- Voters to Consider Community-Driven Plan for Harper's Future
- Referendum FAQs
- Informational Postcard #1
- Informational Postcard #2
- Harper's 50th Anniversary