Admissions and Auditions
New students must apply for admission to the College before enrolling in classes, auditioning for an ensemble, or entering a degree program.
Audition, Interview and Test
Admission into a music degree program, all applicants must complete:
- An Audition that demonstrates minimum standards specific to an area of study or performance, including
brass, guitar, percussion, keyboard, strings, voice, woodwinds or a specific performance
- Audition appointments are individually scheduled. Contact Dr. Thomas Stauch in the Department of Music by phone at 847.925.6566 or by email at email@example.com for more information or to schedule an audition.
- In-person auditions are preferred. (If a live audition cannot be arranged, a recorded audition is acceptable. However, students admitted via recorded auditions will be required to re-audition in person when beginning studies in the Department of Music.)
- An accompanist is available at auditions. Applicants must bring two original* copies
of audition music, including one for the accompanist, unless other arrangements are
made in advance.
- An Entrance Interview
- Placement Assessment: in music theory and piano
* Because the Department of Music must adhere to the copyright laws of the United States, no photocopies of music are permitted at auditions.