Accounting program at Harper College
The accounting program at Harper College offers day, evening and online courses for students preparing for a career in accounting assistant or bookkeeper in business, industry or government. Through the Associate in Arts program, students can prepare to transfer to an accounting program at a four-year university.
Courses are taught by respected, professionally qualified faculty. All Harper CPA Preparation Certificate courses meet the Illinois Board of Examiners CPA exam requirements.
- Day, evening and online courses.
- The AAS degree and all accounting certificates can be earned completely online.
- All Harper CPA Preparation Certificate courses meet the Illinois Board of Examiners CPA exam requirements.
- The accounting faculty are academically respected and professionally qualified.
- Join students with similar interests at our monthly Accounting Club.
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program is designed for students seeking immediate employment upon completion of the program. The AAS degree can be earned on campus OR online.
AA degree/transfer option
The Associate in Arts degree is designed for students preparing to transfer to a bachelor's degree program at a four-year college or university:
Check out transfer school options:
All certificates can be earned on campus or online. Based on previous college credit earned, you may qualify for an accounting certificate. See an academic advisor to be sure all your courses have been transferred to Harper.
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk
- Advanced Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk
- Professional Accounting - CPA Preparation
- Tax Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Club
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs,
- Courses: Accounting (ACC)
- CPA Prep Courses
- Information for High School Students
- Professional Organizations