Associate in Applied Science - Business Administration, Management Specialization
Degree + Certificate
- Earn your Business Management Certificate as you progress to your AAS-Business Administration in Management degree.
- Enjoy a condensed, accelerated schedule where you can bring your current job knowledge to class interactions as you learn and work toward quick completion.
- Be able to apply concepts and ideas to your job instantly with in-class activities and assignments on real-world applications.
- Get support from dedicated counselors, industry professionals teaching in the classroom and your fellow students in a cohort class.
- Prepare to transfer to a 4-year college or university to complete your Bachelor's.
What You'll Learn
- Increase your success as a manager or supervisor by utilizing advanced skills in management, human resources, motivation, team building, leadership, change, strategic planning, and much more.
- Critically analyze business and management issues.
- Interpret financial statements to guide business decisions.
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan with advanced understanding of product, price, place, and promotion decisions and target market analysis.
- Discover and assess both local and global economic, technological, competitive, social, and legal trends and their impact on entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Write and speak more effectively in business situations.
Space is limited for the February 13, 2019 program start.
Business Management Certificate + A.A.S. Business Administration Degree (Management)
- One night per week for 2 years, 8 months
- Management specialization
- Classes held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg
|SAMPLE COURSE SCHEDULE
Your actual schedule may be different.
Attend a mandatory orientation focused
|Semester 1||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 111||3||Introduction to Business Organization|
|Semester 2||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|CIS 101||3||Introduction to Computer Information Systems|
|SPE 101||3||Fundamentals of Speech Communication|
|Semester 3||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 150||3||Business Math|
|MGT 270||3||Principles of Management|
|Semester 4||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 265||3||Human Resources Management|
|MGT 280||3||Organizational Behavior|
|ACC 101||4||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|Semester 5||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|PHI 205||3||Religions of the World|
|MGT 218||3||Introduction to Finance|
|Business Management Certificate earned.|
|Semester 6||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|PSY 101||3||Introduction to Psychology|
|ACC 102||3||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
|Semester 7||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|PSY 245||3||Industrial/Organizational Psychology|
|Semester 8||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|ACC 211||3||Business Law I|
|Semester 9||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MKT 245||3||Principles of Marketing|
|MGT 291||3||Strategic Management|
|Total 61 credits: Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration Degree earned.|
Job Outlook and Wage Information
First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Customer Service Representative
First-Line Supervisor of Office and Administrative Support Workers
General and Operations Managers