Business Management Certificate
Earn Your Certificate in One Year
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and the Higher Learning Commission.
Explore a career in business management with this 18-credit-hour certificate program. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to seek entry-level to mid-management positions in sales, customer service, operations and office administration.
Classes focus on business organization, leadership, principles of management, organizational behavior and more. Instructors are a mix of full-time faculty and working professionals who are experts in the business management field.
Benefits of This Fast Track Certificate
- Full-time workers will enjoy a fixed schedule of one-night-per-week classes that map your path to a Business Management certificate.
- Earn college credit that can be applied toward an accredited Associate's degree.
- Get support from academic counselors throughout the program.
- Apply concepts and ideas to your job instantly with in-class activities and assignments on real-world applications.
- Bring your current job knowledge to class interactions as you learn and work toward quick completion.
- Learn from industry professionals with extensive experience in management.
What You'll Learn
- Learn business organization and leadership.
- Evaluate major business functions and related technologies domestically and globally.
- Demonstrate soft skills: emotional intelligence, leadership and teamwork.
- Explore a business career direction.
- Demonstrate rational and informed decision making that supports the company goals based on relevant data.
- Identify motivational tools and techniques to pursue company goals.
- Write and speak more effectively in business situations.
Space is limited for the Thursday, September 5, 2019 program start.
Business Management Certificate Program Courses
Classes held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg
|SAMPLE COURSE SCHEDULE
Your actual schedule may be different.
|Orientation Session||Attend a mandatory orientation focused on your success in the program|
|Semester 1||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 111||3||Introduction to Business Organization|
|MGT 270||3||Principles of Management|
|Semester 2||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 280||3||Organizational Behavior|
|MGT 291||3||Strategic Management|
|Semester 3||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 150||3||Business Math|
|18 credits: Business Management Certificate earned.|
Job Outlook and Wage Information
As a Business Management Certificate graduate, there are plenty of career directions in the field for you to consider, such as:
- Customer Service Representative
- Retail Supervisor
- Office Manager
You could be employed by a wide variety of organizations, ranging from financial services and manufacturing to government and education.
First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Customer Service Representative
First-Line Supervisor of Office and Administrative Support Workers
To learn more about Harper's Fast Track Business Management Certificate, call us at 847.925.6438.