Make Your Startup a Reality
Learn to create a business canvas, to pitch your idea, and run your business. Enroll in the nine-month Entrepreneurship Certificate at Harper College today!
A Focus on Success
Take your initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to the next level with Harper's 22-credit-hour certificate program.
- Develop the traits of a great entrepreneur: creativity, innovation, ideation, leadership.
- Learn to effectively run your start-up with courses on accounting, business organization, entrepreneurship and applied entrepreneurship, leadership, entrepreneurial financing and internet marketing.
- Get instruction, advice and mentorship from experienced full-time faculty and professional business leaders working in the field.
- Learn how to identify funding sources that can help your business get off the ground.
We've Got Your Back
At Harper, you'll find a supportive environment for entrepreneurs that extends beyond the classroom.
- Finish the certificate with your business ready to start and compete for funding through Harper's Dream Big - Angel Grant.
- Network with fellow students through Harper's business and entrepreneurship club.
- Take advantage of the MakerSpace and Innovation Center to grow your business, with support from our Small Business Development Center, faculty, advisors and community makers.
- Work toward an AAS Degree in Business Administration through additional coursework.
The Right Place to Start
Harper has an established reputation for business and entrepreneurship education:
- Harper College was a NACCE Presidential Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award Finalist (2017 and 2018).
- Participate in the Harper Educational Foundation’s Dream Big - Angel Grant, which supports emerging and active student and community entrepreneurs.
- Harper has an advisory board of regional entrepreneurs and business leaders who infuse real-world perspectives and opportunities into the academic curriculum.
- This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and the Higher Learning Commission.
Space is limited for the February 5, 2019 program start.
Entrepreneur Certificate Program Courses
Classes held at main Palatine campus. Classes include a combination of face-to-face and online instruction.
|SAMPLE COURSE SCHEDULE
Your actual schedule may be different.
|Orientation Session||Attend a mandatory orientation focused on your success in the program.|
|Semester 1||Course||Credit||Course Name|
|MGT 111||3||Introduction to Business Organization|
|MKT 252||3||Internet Marketing|
|Semester 2||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|ACC 101||4||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|Semester 3||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 254||3||Applied Entrepreneurship|
|MGT 255||3||Entrepreneurial Financing|
|22 credits: Entrepreneurship Certificate earned.
Also compete for the Dream Big - Angel Grant
Business Start-up Outlook
Successful entrepreneurs create jobs, have control over their income and job growth, and experience all aspects of what the business world has to offer. The support that Harper College offers through the entrepreneurship program, Dream Big – Angel Grants and the new MakerSpace and Innovation Center will set you up on a path to success in starting your business and being a creative and innovative leader in the business community.
- Business Success Stories from Our Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Student Business Success at Harper College
- National Business Start-Up Statistics
To learn more about Harper's Fast Track Entrepreneurship Certificate, call us at 847.925.6438.