Dietary Manager Certificate
The Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) is an expert in foodservice management and food safety. Certified Dietary Managers serve the community in a variety of ways, they may find themselves working in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, long term care facility, senior living facility, school, military or corporations. Certified Dietary Managers implement menus, maintain sanitation standards, purchase food, oversee and assist in food production, apply nutrition principles and document nutrition information.
Students who complete the Dietary Manager program will be able to:
- Participate in the operation of food service systems to assure the nutrition needs of clients are being met
- Identify practices necessary to assure a safe and sanitary food service environment
- Plan and implement care plans to meet basic nutrition needs of clients
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for this profession is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024, about the average for all occupations. Some position titles available to you after graduation are:
- Certified dietary manager (after successfully passing a national examination)
- Dietary manager
- Director of food service
- Food service supervisor
There are a variety of settings in which a dietary manager can work include hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools, and correctional facilities.
Students are eligible for ANFP student membership and those who complete the certificate are eligible to take a national certification examination to obtain the title Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) and active ANFP membership.
- Tuition Rates and Fees
- Lab Fees (DIT 150)*: $115
- Books: $500+
- Uniform, Shoes, Name Tag: $100/$150
- Health Insurance (student responsible for coverage): Varies
- Professional Liability Insurance: Included in laboratory fees
- Health Requirements/CPR: Varies by student
- Criminal Background Investigation/Drug Screen: Included in laboratory fees
- Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals Student Membership (optional): $64
*Subject to change on a yearly basis
The curriculum is currently approved by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
- Accreditation (Health Science Division)
- Essential functions (Health Science Division)
- Gainful Employment Disclosure: Dietary Manager
- Harper Career Paths: Dietetics