This simulated hospital allows Harper College students to practice responding to the challenges of complex patient care in a controlled environment.
The hospital is utilized as a learning tool by many health careers programs including Nursing, Practical Nursing, Emergency Medical Services, Medical Office Administration, Dietetics, Radiologic Technology and Cardiac Technology.
The Harper College Simulation Hospital includes:
- Three medical/surgical patient rooms utilizing the Laerdal ALS manikins
- An obstetrics room home to SimMom
- An emergency/critical care room home to the SimMan3G
- A pediatric room home to SimJr
- Functioning patient monitor, oxygen delivery device, suctioning.
- Videotaping and live streaming capabilities