Surgical Technology Degree
This program has selective admission requirements.
|Status||Start Term||Application Window|
|Open||Fall 2018 (August 2018)||Oct. 1, 2017 - Aug. 10, 2018|
3 Reasons a Surgical Technology Career Works for You
1) Surgical Technologists are allied health professionals who are an integral part of a team of medical practitioners, providing surgical care to patients. In 2021, all surgical technologists will need a degree credential to meet industry standards.
2) They are in high demand and earn $40,000 to $45,000 a year.
3) You can choose to work in a variety of settings from hospitals and in-office surgery centers. And surgical technologists are needed in every city and region of the U.S. You can transfer your skills nationwide.
BONUS According to Forbes Magazine, "Most people think you need years of advanced schooling at the highest levels to work in an operating room. But here is a field that prepares people for critical roles in the operating room – helping people when they are at their most helpless."
Harper College Advantages Prepare You for Success
- Get hands-on experience in a protected environment when you practice in the Simulation Hospital lab.
- Gain real life experience through clinical assignments.
- Work with expert, experienced faculty.
Our two-year degree program includes a balance of both classroom and clinical instruction. Onsite learning labs provide you with a state-of-the-art learning environment that prepares you for a variety of clinical settings.
Steps to prepare for application to this limited enrollment program:
1. Attend an upcoming Surgical Technology Information Session
2. Review Program and Policy Information
3. Learn about Admission Requirements
- Fall 2018 Surgical Technology Admission Requirements (PDF)
- Interpreting the NLN Exam Score Report.PDF
- Submit the Harper College Application for Admission
- Fall 2018 Surgical Technology Program Application (PDF)
Please note: Information provided on this page is subject to change.
Harper Career Paths
- Learn how to progress in this field. Includes occupation and wage information.