For all those interested in pursuing a career in Massage Therapy, Harper College's Massage Therapy Certificate is a great place to start. Prospective students can contact the Program Coordinator Jeremy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or to set up a web chat to discuss the program.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must meet a few criteria:
- Students new to Harper must complete a Harper College admissions application online
to enroll in the College
- Current or previous Harper College students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher
- Submit an Official* High School Transcript or State-Level High School Equivalency
- The final high school transcript must include the graduation date posted.
- If using a High School Equivalency, transcript must show passing scores.
- This document will be used to determine if you have satisfied the minimum age requirement.
- Students planning to register for the Fall course must be at least 18 years of age by August 31. (No exceptions)
- Students planning to register for the Spring course must be at least 18 years of age by January 31. (No exceptions)
- Applicants who have completed high school in another country will need to submit a document-to-document evaluation of their high school transcript, completed by Educational Credential Evaluators, INC (ECE) www.ece.org or World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org stating "U.S. Equivalence: High school diploma"
- Complete a Criminal History Background check through the Harper College Police Department, located on the second floor of Building D, near parking lot 6 and the parking ramp. When filling out the request form, indicate that the background check is being requested for the Massage Therapy Program. (There is a $20 fee for this which must be paid online through the Harper PD's website.) Results typically about 10 business days.
Once these steps are completed, complete the Massage Registration Permit form and email to email@example.com along with a copy of a government-issued photo identification (for example: driver's license or state ID, green card, military ID, passport) showing the same first and last name as your Harper College school record.
Hear the Program Coordinator discuss these steps in this Massage Therapy Admissions Process - video
Questions / Need Help?
At any time you can contact the Program Coordinator Jeremy Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask questions or get help with these steps. We look forward to working with you!