Discover the world through language.
The World Languages Department will provide you with diverse and international experiences inside and outside the classroom. Choose from a variety of classes in:
What level course should I take?
If you wish to study a language and do not have any experience with that language, register for a 101-level course.
If you have prior experience with the language and have not taken courses in it yet at Harper College, see this page for instructions.
Transfer Option: Associate in Arts Degree
Language classes you take at Harper will transfer to most four-year colleges and universities. Students often complete their first two years of study at Harper College and then transfer their credits to a four-year institution.
Many language classes meet the World Languages/Diversity Requirement.
Successful completion of a World Culture and Diversity course is a Harper College graduation requirement. These courses meet the requirement.
- FRN 205: French Intensive Oral Practice
- FRE 210: Intro to Modern French Literature
- GER 205: German Intensive Oral Practice
- GER 210: Intro to Modern German Literature
- GER 230: German Civilization and Culture
- SGN 210: American Sign Language: Cultural Perspective
- SPA 205: Spanish Intensive Oral Practice
- SPA 210: Intro to Modern Spanish Literature