Building H, Room 187
Monday–Thursday, noon–10 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
The state-of-the-art HVACR Open Lab gives students hands-on experience working with a variety of both commercial and residential units.
The lab features more than 70 pieces of major equipment including residential gas fired furnaces; air conditioning systems; boiler hydronic systems; refrigeration trainers; commercial walk-in refrigerators; ice machines; commercial rooftop units; and geothermal systems.
- Instructors are in the lab to assist the students with the course content
- Practical hands-on training demonstration by the instructor
- Students apply and practice their skills in the lab under the supervision, direction and guidance of the faculty and staff
- Students competency level demonstration of the task to the instructor (Practical Testing)
- Harper’s program provides all the tools and materials students need to complete their hands-on training in a state-of-the-art facility.