Harper now offers FREE safety classes for managers/supervisors and employees. Businesses with 2 to 250 employees are eligible to participate. Classes include:
- Introduction to Safety and Health Management for Managers and Supervisors
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls: A Training Program for Small Businesses
- Electrical Hazards Awareness (includes Lock Out Tag Out)
- Fall Hazard Awareness in Construction and General Industry
- COVID-19 Worker Protection Including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - (NEW)
- Confined Space Hazards in Construction and General Industry- (NEW)
Classes scheduled throughout the year. View and register for available classes.
Harper's FREE safety training will help you and your business:
- Avoid worker replacement costs
- Reduce training expenses
- Avoid insurance premium increases
- Reduce worker's compensation expenses
- Avoid workplace disruptions
Class format classes are held in a Live-Online format via WebEx, at a scheduled day and time, in the convenience of your home or workplace. The Instructor contacts participants 2-3 days in advance of the class with information on the online access.
Customized Training Schedules with up to 4 or more individuals, a customized training schedule can be built for your organization. Email email@example.com or call 847.925.6023 for more information.
Create a safer workplace for your employees by preventing employee accidents and their impact on your business.
Request more information or a 1-1 review of your organization’s Safety Training needs.
For more information, contact 847.925.6323.
Meet Our Instructors
- Tami Gilbert is an Authorized Workplace Safety Trainer/Consultant by National Safety Education Center. In addition to Harper's safety classes, Tami teaches the OSHA 10-hour and OSHA 30-hour for General and Construction Industries. She also consults with many Illinois companies on preventing workplace accidents and injuries. Tami is a Registered Nurse and holds MSN and MBA degrees.
- Mike Hartman is an OSHA Outreach Trainer and a Safety and Health consultant. Mike is a university-level instructor and teaches courses including, Fall Protection, HazMat, Respiratory Protection and Confined Space Protocols at the University of Texas and U.S military bases around the world. Mike is also a retired Fire Captain and Paramedic and brings a real-world view of how to avoid workplace accidents, through prevention and preparation.
- Robin Coyne is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a health and safety consultant authorized to provide OSHA Outreach Training. Robin has extensive real-world health and safety experience, having led safety programs in a variety of industries including chemicals, warehousing, metal fabrication, printing and woodworking. Robin is a member of the National Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine. She holds a BS in Biomedical Engineering and an MBA.
Harper College provides this training with the support of the OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant. This grant provides training and education for workers and employers on workplace safety and health hazards, responsibilities and rights. Target audiences include businesses with two to 250 employees within the United States, including low-literacy, and high-hazard industry workers and employers.
Government employees are ineligible to participate due to grant regulations.
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-99081-SH0 from the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily
reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of
trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.