The Writing Center provides several free services which are available to help Harper students succeed. They can work in the open computer lab, consult with tutors on a walk-in basis about their papers in all academic areas, and make appointments with English tutors to discuss specific assignments and develop skills in writing, literacy and critical thinking. Online support for writing assignments is also available.
- Clarify assignment requirements
- Guide you through steps of writing process
- Suggest strategies for revision
- Respond to drafts
- Answer specific questions on structure, grammar and content
- Reinforce skills in building vocabulary, writing sentences, developing paragraphs and proofreading
- Assist with documentation
- Offer strategies for interpreting, analyzing and evaluating a text
- Develop a plan for building on strengths and improving writing and reading skills
Stop by Building F, Room 110 or call 847.925.6796 to make an appointment.