Alternative Learning Modalities
Harper College is committed to establishing and maintaining consistently high academic standards for instruction and learning outcomes across all teaching modalities while offering students the opportunity to choose the learning environments that best serve their educational interests.
Fast Track - Accelerated, Part-Time Program
Fast Track is an accelerated, part-time certificate and degree completion program designed specifically for busy students.
- Pre-selected and pre-scheduled, allowing for more independent work
- Primarily offered in 5- to 8-week lengths, accelerating your learning
- Guaranteed with a consistent day/time simplified schedule
- Conveniently held classes between 6 pm - 10 pm at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg (see address, below) or at the main Palatine campus
- Offered in a cohort format, allowing for peer support and progress
- Limited in size, allowing for personalized interactions with your instructors
The degree currently available in Fast Track is an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Management or Human Resources Management.
Various certificate programs also available include Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, and Supply Chain Management (with built-in Procurement, Inventory/Production Control, and Logistics certificates).
Fast Track Admission Requirements
Acceptance into the Fast Track program requires prospective students to complete the general Harper Application for Admission plus the following:
- Meet with a Fast Track advisor to discuss the program in detail and determine if it meets your educational and career goals. Any prior credit that can apply to the program requirements will also be discussed.
- Complete English and Math placement testing, or have prior credit, for those interested in the AAS degree. The Business Management Certificate requires Math placement testing or prior credit. All other certificates do not require these placement tests.
- English placement minimum score is 4.0 (essay).
- Math placement minimum score is 14 (ALEKS).
- Attend the mandatory orientation night for your desired program
Students with prior college credit at Harper or another institution must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better to enter Fast Track. Exceptions to this requirement can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Don't worry if you've been out of the classroom for a while or if you feel a little rusty on basic skills, we can help you prepare—just ask us how. Visit the Fast Track webpage for more information.
Harper Professional Center
650 E. Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847.925.6066 Building Main Line
847.925.6438 Fast Track