Harper College thanks our veterans and military-connected students for their commitment to serve our country. Harper's services extend to veterans, soldiers on active duty, reservists and eligible dependents (spouses and children).
Harper staff strives to provide veterans and military-connected students with invaluable services geared toward the transition from service to finding success as a student. Our Veterans Services web page is frequently updated with the current information regarding local, statewide and national services, topical resources, and information regarding eligible educational benefit programs. There are checklists to help our veterans and eligible military-connected students apply for and utilize educational benefits, Title IV Federal Financial Aid and state assistance. Note: Veteran’s academic programs are approved by the Illinois State Approving Agency of the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Visit Veterans Services for detailed information about our services and the various types of financial aid programs available to veterans and eligible military-connected students.
Harper College has implemented policies to be compliant with Title 38 U.S. Code 3679(e). These policies effect military veterans using Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
Harper College will not take any of the following actions toward a student using Ch. 31 or Ch. 33 benefits while their payment is pending:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment
- Assess a late fee to the student
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution
To qualify for this provision, these students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (VEC) by the first day of class
- Provide a written request to be certified
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.