CE Courses with College Credit Option

Convert your hard work into college credit.

Some Harper Continuing Education courses offer the option to earn college credit. This may be the perfect opportunity to give college a try, or ease back into the classroom after a long absence. Complete a College Credit Option course and move one step closer to a degree or certificate.

  • No college application needed to start.
  • No transcript review.
  • Won't affect your GPA.

Step 1: Choose Your Course

Here are the College Credit Option courses currently available:

  • Business Organization, LBS 8111 - converts to 3 college credits in MGT 111.
  • Financial Accounting Basics, LBS 8011 - converts to 4 college credits in ACC 101.
  • Marketing Concepts, LBS 8245 - converts to 3 college credits in MKT 245.
  • Introduction to Accounting, LBS 8010 - converts to 3 college credits in ACC 100.
  • Introduction to Payroll Accounting, LBS 8155 - converts to 2 college credits in ACC 155.
  • Introduction to QuickBooks, LBS 8110 - converts to 1 college credit in ACC 110.
  • Exploring a Career in Human Services, LBS 8001 - converts to 3 college credits in HMS 101.
  • Level 1, Graphic Arts Fundamentals, LCT 8101 - converts to 3 college credits in GRA 101 upon successful completion of LCT 8101, 8151, and 8301. 
  • Level 2, Graphic Arts Techniques, LCT 8151 - see LCT 8101 above. 
  • Level 3, Graphic Arts Applications, LCT 8301 - see LCT 8101 above. 

Register now. 

Step 2: Successfully Complete the Course

To be eligible for college credit, you must attend the required number of sessions and complete other course requirements to receive a passing grade.

Step 3: Complete a College Credit Application

Submit the credit application to become a part-time or full-time student. If you have previously taken college credit, you can skip to step 4.

Step 4: Request that the Course Be Converted to College Credit

Continuing Education
Attn: Shirley Shanahan, Student Support Assistant
Wojcik Conference Center, Building W, Room W109
1200 W Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067

Questions? Please contact Diane Tarver, CE Program Specialist, at 847.925.6616.

Frequently Asked Questions

There is no additional fee to convert classes. However, in order to begin an associates degree, you will need to fill out a credit application form. There is a $25 non-refundable fee is required at the time of application.
No. Only specifically approved courses can be converted to college credit. Approved courses are listed above.
You may request a course be converted to College credit at any time, even if you took the course over a year ago. If you received a passing grade in the course, you will need to fill out a credit application form. Then you download and fill out the CE to Credit Proficiency Authorization form and obtain the signature of the original instructor.

Harper College is a great place to begin your college education. In the last three years, thousands of students have successfully transferred from Harper to public and private colleges and universities in the Big Ten, Ivy League and other conferences.

As a Harper student you are responsible for knowing the specific requirements of the four-year school you are considering. Each school has different requirements, but there are plenty of options through our articulation agreements with hundreds of prestigious universities. Read more about transferring and speak to a counselor.