Develop New and Exceptional Opportunities for Adults
Create unique programs to meet the leisure, recreational, and activity needs of residents in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, senior housing, and supportive living facilities.
- Learn state and federal regulations for activities.
- Hands-on practice creating new programs
- Develop programs for residents with dementia.
- Create dynamic programs for short-term rehab patients.
- One-to-one programs
- Learn how to develop and write care plans, progress notes, assessments and participation records.
- Programs for residents with mental illness and intellectual disabilities
- Marketing your activity program to attract new residents
ACTIVITY DIRECTOR 36-HOUR TRAINING
Taught by an interdisciplinary team, this course will teach participants to develop unique programming to meet the leisure, recreational and activity needs of seniors in long-term care. Topics include state and federal regulations for activity programs, documentation, the rights of residents, evaluation and programming guidelines for a wide variety of residents. Course fulfills all IDPH and OBRA requirements for long-term care and participants receive the 36-Hour Certificate of Completion for Activity Directors. A discount is available for organizations sending two or more employees.