FAQs About Continuing Education Registration
Each year, Harper College Continuing Education maintains a three-term schedule: fall, spring, and summer.
- Fall registration opens in early July. Classes run from August through December.
- Spring registration opens in November. Classes run from January through May.
- Summer registration opens in March. Classes run from May through August.
Classes are held on the main campus and at several extension sites, so it is important to check the location of your class. You can find the addresses of extension sites here. Give yourself extra time to get to class on the first day as the Harper campus is large.
Payment is due at the time you register. Payment options include:
- Credit Card Payments: We accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express). For your security, regardless of registration method, all payment is processed electronically and confirmed by email.
- Check Payments: Your check will be processed electronically and an email verification sent to your Harper email address.
- Third Party Payments: Students must supply written confirmation from a third party payer before registering. Call 847.925.6300 for assistance. Confirmation may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Harper College, Attn: CE Registration, First Floor, Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), 1200 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067
- Payment Plan: Continuing Education tuition and fees may be paid using e-Cashier, an online, interest-free payment plan on the Harper College Student Portal. There is a $35 administrative fee per session to use this service.
- Illinois Veterans Grant: Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) students must be approved for benefits prior to registering for Continuing Education classes. Students with IVG benefits must register either by telephone 847.925.6300 or in person at the Continuing Education Office, on the first floor of the Wojcik Conference Center at the main campus. Class fees must be paid at the time of registration and are not included in IVG benefits. To apply for or confirm IVG benefits, contact Harper’s Veterans Specialist at 847.925.6000, ext. 2195.
- Alternative Lenders: Harper Continuing Education DOES NOT accept Financial Aid acquired through the FAFSA, but does accept payment from alternative loan options for classes with tuition over $1,000. Please contact us at 847.925.6000, ext. 2161 to discuss financial options. You may also wish to contact your own financial institution for alternative loan options. The federal code for Harper College is 003961.
- Unemployment Training Funds: Harper College CE partners with the Illinois Department of Employment Services to offer job-seekers access to a broad range of employment, training, education and economic development services through any workNet location. Find out if you qualify through your local unemployment office.
You must drop a class at least 24 hours or more before it begins in order to receive a full refund. If it is less than 24 hours before the class begins or it has already begun, you may still withdraw; however, there are no refunds for withdrawals. You can drop a class 24 hours or more before the class begins online or by calling 847.925.6300.
If a medical or personal emergency prevents you from finishing a class, you can file an appeal to request a pro-rated tuition. Please include your name, contact information, the class name and times and the reason you cannot complete the class. Send appeals to: email@example.com.
Yes, Continuing Education has a senior citizen discount.
Students born on or after January 1, 1949:
- will be eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount on any Personal and Cultural Enrichment course* that starts on or after their 65th birthday.
Students born on or before December 31, 1948:
- who register four calendar days or more prior to the start of any Personal and Cultural Enrichment course* will be guaranteed a seat ON A SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS and qualify for a 50 percent tuition discount.
- wo register three calendar days or less prior to the start of any Continuing Education course will be guaranteed a seat ON A SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS and receive a 100 percent tuition discount.
*Personal and Cultural Enrichment courses fall under the Personal Interest, Music & Arts, and Mind & Body categories. Discount applies to courses that being with the following prefixes:
LEI: The Arts
LET: Pet Care
LFA: Theater/Performing Arts
LIO: Holistic Living
LLA: The Writing Studio
LPA: Sports Activities
LPF: Personal Finance
Reminder: All fees are due at the time of registration. Senior citizen discounts do not apply to Lifelong Learning Institute courses and Aquacize, which are already discounted for seniors.
Textbooks, laboratory manuals and various supplies may be purchased at the Harper Bookstore on Main Campus in Building L or online at www.harperstore.com. Supply lists for courses may be found online at harpercollege.edu/ce under General Information. Check the class supply list at http://harpercollege.edu/ce/information/supply.php