CE Cancellations, Refunds and Withdrawal Policies
Schedules change and unexpected events can occur.
The College reserves the right to cancel any section of any course if enrollment is not sufficient to warrant offering that section. If a class must be canceled for any reason, a full refund will be automatically granted to reflect the student's original payment method.
Drops and Withdrawals
A student must drop a class at least 24 hours or more before it begins in order to receive a full refund. If it is less than 24 hours before the class begins or it has already begun, a student may still withdraw; however, there are no refunds for withdrawals.
Drop or Withdraw three ways:
- online: if you paid by credit card, sign in to the online registration system and choose Manage Registrations. If you paid by waiver, echeck or payment plan, sign in to the MyHarper Student Portal and look under My Registration on the My Harper tab.
- by phone: 847.925.6300
- on campus: CE Registration Office, Wojcik Conference Center Building W
100 percent refund before the start date of the class for all dropped courses. There are no refunds for withdrawals.
- Continuing Education makes the financial decision to run a class approximately three business prior to the class start date.
- If Continuing Education cancels a class for any reason, a full refund will be automatically granted to reflect the customer's original payment method.
- If you are requesting a tuition refund for a Continuing Education class, submit the online refund request form.
- If you are requesting a deposit refund for a motorcycle safety training course, please fill out this form.
A student with extenuating circumstances that may permit an exception to the Continuing Education refund policy may fill out an appeal form. Appeals can result in a letter of credit, a partial/full refund, or be denied.