Illinois workNet Center
Providing Career Training and Job Search Support
Harper College is a partner in the North Cook American Job Center. The Center offers job-seekers and employers access to a broad range of employment, training, education, economic development and labor market services. Services are available in-person (when available) and online.
- Virtual Resource Room
- Online job search and application assistance
- Virtual Workshops
- Job seeking boards
- Career self assessments
- In-Person Services (when available)
- Free career-related workshops
- Free educational goal planning and career guidance
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Interview technique guidance
- Career resource library (including books, VHS, DVDs)
- Free Internet access, use of computers, fax machines
- Copy machines available for a low fee
A variety of career-related workshops are held throughout the year online and in-person (when available).
- LinkedIn Training Webinar presented by Harper College FREE
- Everyone wants their profile to standout on LinkedIn. During this online training you will learn what’s needed in a LinkedIn profile so people can find you easily. We will cover the components that give you the most bang for your buck!
- More Events: virtual job fairs, basic computer training, and more.
Harper College is an approved provider of WIOA-certified grant-funded programs for unemployed or underemployed people who need additional training, career-focused certificates leading to college or industry-recognized credentials needed to re-enter the workforce.
Individuals who are unemployed, meet federal low income guidelines, work in a declining industry or occupation, are part of a mass layoff, or qualify as a displaced homemaker, may qualify for WIOA grant funding to pay for State-approved programs.
- To learn if you are eligible for WIOA grants, please submit this application to learn more about eligibility and next steps.
- Review list of WIOA-approved Harper College programs.
- View semester start dates.
PLEASE NOTE: THE CENTER IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND ALL SERVICES ARE BEING PROVIDED REMOTELY DUE TO COVID-19.
This Harper College office is located at the North Suburban Cook County American Job Center: (Services currently offered remotely during Covid-19)
Harper College Office Hours
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
North Suburban Cook County American Job Center Hours:
Monday through Friday:
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.