Dr. Kenneth L. Ender presided over a period of significant challenge and opportunity
in the education landscape. Below are some of Harper College's accomplishments under
Dr. Ender's leadership:
- Created the Northwest Educational Council for Student Success (NECSS), a groundbreaking partnership between Harper and its three sender high school districts.
- Won a multi-year grant and formed the Illinois Network for Advanced Manufacturing (INAM), a group of 21 Illinois community colleges, funded via a $12.9 million TAACCCT grant to address a statewide skills shortage in advanced manufacturing.
- Established University Center partnerships with Northern Illinois, Roosevelt, and DePaul Universities.
- Established public-public and public-private partnerships with Palatine Park District and Northwest Community Healthcare for the operation and renovation of the Health and Recreation Center.
- Launched the Ambassador Program with area elementary and junior high schools where more than 50% of the students qualify for the free or reduced lunch program.
- Launched the apprenticeship program, partnering with local employers to provide education and on-the-job training.
- Established the partnership for the Hanover Park Education and Work Center (EWC), representing a collaborative partnership that meets the educational needs of several communities.
- Launched two doctoral completion programs: Northern Illinois University HARTE program and Ferris State community college leadership program, allowing employees and other local constituents to complete a doctoral degree on Harper's campus.
- Launched the Northern Illinois Workforce Coalition (NIWC), bringing together local workforce board professionals and community college workforce leaders.
Show your appreciation for this legacy of community partnership and outreach by leaving Dr. Ender a farewell message.