Under the leadership of Dr. Kenneth L. Ender, Harper College has received numerous
grants, awards and distinctions. This recognition reflects Harper's excellent work and dedication to its mission, improves Harper's reputation and standing in the community, and brings needed resources
to Harper's campus to better serve students.
- Recognized by the Illinois Community College Trustees Association with the Equity and Diversity Award for achieving diversity, equity and inclusion in the College's education programs.
- Recipient of the Association of Community College Trustees' Equity Award.
- Recipient of the Leah Meyer Austin Award for creating an institutional culture dedicated to student success.
- Received the Outstanding College/Corporate Partnership Award, a national competitive recognition presented by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC).
- Awarded a Frontier Set grant by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Aspen Institute designed to bring about dramatic improvements in completion and equity.
- Secured a Title III grant.
- Reaffirmed 10-year Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accreditation.
- Reaffirmed Harper's Aaa bond rating by Moody's.
- Received the Schaumburg Business Association's Leader of the Year Award.
- Received the INSIGHT into Diversity: Higher Education's Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.
- Received the Little City Morrie Kellman Humanitarian Award.
- Received the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) Gary Davis Ethical Leadership Award.
- Received the AACRAO SEM Award of Excellence for Visionary Leadership.
- Recognized by NAFSA: Association of International Educators with the 2018 Senator Paul Simon Spotlight Award for Campus Internationalization.
Show your appreciation for Dr. Ender's legacy of achievement by posting to the message wall.