Dr. Kenneth L. Ender presided over a period of significant challenges and opportunities
in the education landscape. Below are some of Harper College's accomplishments under
Dr. Ender's leadership:
- Focused on the importance of equity with the establishment of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Diverse Relationships Engaged in Affirming Multiculturalism (DREAM) group.
- Joined the Achieving the Dream initiative.
- Formed the Areas of Interest programs of study, which focus on student success.
- Created the student-centered approach to advising with a new case-management advising model.
- Launched the Promise Scholarship Program.
- Introduced One Million Degrees scholarship and mentoring program to Harper College.
- Achieved a graduation rate of 29%, a 9 percentage-point increase since 2012 and the highest rate in Harper’s recorded history.
- Surpassed the 2020 goal of conferring 10,604 additional degrees and certificates three years ahead of schedule.
- Engaged in the Jack Kent Cook Scholarship process where 10 Harper students were awarded this prestigious scholarship over the past 10 years.
- Launched the Ambassador Program with area elementary and junior high schools where more than 50% of the students qualify for the free or reduced lunch program.
- Launched the apprenticeship program.
These successes are only the beginning. Students will benefit from these programs and resources for years to come. Show your appreciation for this focus on student success and leave Dr. Ender a message.