The library building is open, but curbside service are available upon request. Please visit the library home page to view current hours. The Harper Library staff offer curbside circulation services to students, faculty and staff. Recommended safety guidelines and social distancing protocol are followed.
Students, faculty and staff must utilize the Library Management System to access their Library account and search, identify and then place online holds of needed item(s). Library staff will notify the requester when the item(s) are available. Requested items will be held for 14 days.
Follow this guide to learn how to place holds.
Students must utilize the Formstack to request technology loans.
When using curbside services, please park at the curb in parking lot 2A (closest to the Algonquin Rd entrance between Avante and the Performing Arts Center). View a campus map for more information.
The Library will be offering curbside services as requested during open building hours.
- When students, faculty or staff arrive on campus, they may call the Library at 847.925.6584 to request curbside service. They will be asked to provide their name and Harper or State ID number. Items on hold are not ready for pickup unless you receive an email saying so.
- Persons requesting items must be present to pick up the holds and will be asked to present their Harper or State ID once the items are delivered on a cart to Parking Lot 2A.
- Books can be returned in the blue drop boxes on the outer drive of the campus. One is located near the Euclid entrance and the other is located near the Algonquin entrance.
- Semester Loan Technology can only be returned directly to a library staff member either within the library or via curbside service. Please do not return technology in the blue drop boxes.
- All returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours.