The Harper Library staff offer very limited curbside circulation services to students, faculty and staff. Recommended safety guidelines and social distancing protocol are followed.
Students, faculty and staff must utilize the Library Management System to access their Library account and search, identify and then place online holds of needed item(s). Library staff will notify the requester when the item(s) are available. Requested items will be held for 14 days.
Follow this guide to learn how to place holds.
Students must utilize the Formstack to request technology loans.
Curbside services will take place in parking lot 2A (closest to the Algonquin Rd entrance between Avante and the Performing Arts Center).
Spring Semester Curbside Schedule:
Curbside will be CLOSED on the following dates:
Saturday, March 27 (Spring Break)
Summer Semester Curbside Schedule (Starts week of May 17, 2021):
We will also have Curbside Services on the following Saturdays, 10:00am-2:00pm...
May 22, 2021
June 26, 2021
July 24, 2021
August 21, 2021
- When students, faculty or staff arrive on campus, they will need to call the Library at 847.925.6584. They will be asked to provide their name and Harper or State ID number. You must have received an email that your hold is ready before coming to campus.
- Persons requesting items must be present to pick up the holds and will be asked to present their Harper or State ID once the items are delivered on a cart to Parking Lot 2A.
- Books can be returned in the blue drop boxes on the outer drive of the campus. One is located near the Euclid entrance and other other is located near the Algonquin entrance.
- Semester Loan Technology can only be returned via Curbside Service. Please do not return technology in the blue drop boxes.
- Persons returning items through curbside service will complete a form with their name and ID number and place the form and the returned items in a plastic bag.
- All returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours.