New Faculty Orientation
Welcome New Faculty!
Make the Harper College Library your students’ “classroom outside the classroom!” Your teaching and their learning is waiting to continue inside the walls of the Library. Our collections (encompassing every discipline taught at Harper) include:
- More than 85,000 print book titles. The Library welcomes your active participation in developing these collections—whether selecting and ordering or weeding them—to suit your classroom needs.
- Over 100 electronic journal databases containing tens of thousands of journal titles
- One of the finest collections of streaming media—both in audio and video—in academic libraries in Illinois.
The Library offers a wide range of services to you and your students, including:
- Instruction sessions—either in the Library or in your classroom—specifically designed—in consultation with classroom faculty—to introduce students to using the Library for their assignments, presentations, and other research projects in your class.
- Interlibrary loan service that can provide our users with just about any article, book, or other library materials, typically within the space of just a few days.
- Fifteen group study rooms to facilitate quiet research or student collaboration. These rooms are furnished with whiteboards and can accommodate the most up-to-date technology.
- A “MakerSpace” facility that will enable you and your students to experiment with a wide range of technologies—everything from sewing machines to 3D printers and laser cutters.
Again, welcome to Harper College Library! We look forward to teaching and learning together with you and your students.