The Business Analyst badge teaches the analytical and process-mapping skills essential
to businesses seeking to improve processes and information flow. You will gain an
understanding of the structure, policies and, operations of an organization and be
able to recommend solutions. Learn to prepare procedural documents to assist management
with operating more efficiently and effectively. Explore workflow and flowcharting
techniques using Microsoft Visio to develop process improvement and conceptual design
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong Project Management skills
- Understand a business problem or opportunity and evaluate various inputs to help develop an effective solution.
- Create a range of business diagrams and drawings showing both current and proposed business processes.
- Demonstrate workflow and charting techniques using custom shapes and stencils, design styles, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data to create organization charts, pivot diagrams, Gantt charts, timelines, and maps.
- Leverage development tools using macros, shape sheets, and advanced shape techniques.
- Analyze, decompose, accept, approve, specify and validate the requirements for a product or project.
- Manage the life cycle of requirements by continuous monitoring and documenting, as well as the communication of the requirements status to stakeholders.
- Assess how well the delivered solution fulfills the requirements and meets the business need.
Provides students business analysis knowledge and an understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle. Examines strategies for analyzing business processes and demonstrates how to apply concepts and practical techniques. Teaches how to solve complex issues to analyze business and user needs, document requirements, and translate in system requirement specifications. Learns Microsoft Visio software. Recommended Preparation: Project Management experience and Technical Business Case Writing.