Major in Success
Still deciding on a major or career direction?
Join us for Major in Success!
Major in Success! is offered during the Fall of 2017. Choose one of the bulleted options below to reserve a space:
- Monday October 16 and October 23 from 3:00-6:00 p.m., A347
- Thursday November 9 and November 16 from 1:00-4:00 p.m., A 347
- Friday December 1 and December 8 from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., A 347
Studies show that students who have a clear career goal or major in mind are more likely to graduate and find career satisfaction. Decided students also tend to have a higher GPA and spend less time taking unnecessary courses. The process of transferring to four-year colleges and universities is easier if you have a major. Having a goal contributes to greater motivation and academic success.
Major in Success! is a free program for Harper students currently enrolled in credit classes who want to explore the decision-making process leading to a major/career choice.
- Meet in small groups with a career counselor to explore interests, values, skills, and personality traits.
- Learn how to utilize the vast amount of information available for career exploration. Make a plan and set a course of action to reach a major/career decision.
- Connect college majors with your interests, skills and personality
- Gain confidence in your ability to make decisions on majors and career choice
- Link your classes to that decision
- Information on majors, transfer schools, and career options
- Free access to popular career tools
- Earn a certificate of completion of the Major In Success! program.
- You must attend all parts of the workshop to successfully complete it.
- Assessments are a part of Major In Success! and a certain amount of reading will be required during the workshop. Major In Success! is recommended for students who have a reading level above RDG 099, and who are enrolled in or have completed ENG 101.