One Million Degrees Helps Low-Income Students Succeed
- Kris Hoffhines, Director, One Million Degrees Program
- April 8, 2016
Desire. Determination. Drive. Dedication. This is what it takes to turn dreams into reality. Whether your student is interested in earning an associate's degree, launching a career or setting long-term goals and achieving them: OMD can help. The One Million Degrees Signature Scholarship Program empowers low-income, highly motivated community college students to succeed in school, work and life.
- Financial: Last-dollar-scholarships (which means students pay nothing in tuition), stipends of up to $750/year, and up to $250 in enrichment grants
- Academic: Free one-to-one tutoring and transfer supports for students interested in transferring to a four-year university
- Professional: Workshops to build community among scholars and develop professional, financial, and leadership skills
- Personal: OMD Scholars are matched with an OMD staff member and a volunteer professional. These individuals serve as accountability partners and coaches to ensure scholars are on track to graduate and meet their academic, professional and personal goals.