PLEASE NOTE: As the Testing Center continues to provide many of its services remotely, community proctoring/CLEP testing /GED Testing/The Institutes Examinations/Pearson Vue testing has been indefinitely suspended. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The Harper Professional Testing Center in Schaumburg offers Proctoring Services which include paper-based, computer-based, distance learning and Accuplacer exams are administered. For Accuplacer exams, you must notify your school that you will be taking your exam at Harper College. To schedule your appointment, call 847.925.6066 x2 or email email@example.com.
Guidelines for Examinees
- Examinees must present a government issued, current, photo ID at the time of testing.
- Examinee is responsible for bringing prepaid shipping envelopes with them if their school does not cover return shipping of test papers.
- Examinees must begin and end the test within the regularly scheduled hours of the testing lab and within the dates allotted for their correspondence/distance learning tests.
Proctoring fees are assessed per exam and based on the maximum time allowed for the exam. The fees per test are shown in the table below. Acceptable payment includes credit or debit card or online check. Fees are nonrefundable.
Testing Time Fee:
- Two hours or less $40
- Four hours or less $50
- More than four hours $60
Scheduling an Exam
- All exams are administered by appointment.
- When scheduling an appointment, choose the maximum amount of time allowed for an exam. If the amount of time is unknown, please contact the exam sponsor (company, institution, instructor, etc.).
- Exams should be scheduled at least one week prior to testing date.
- If the exam is untimed, choose an appropriate amount of time needed.
- Late arrivals may or may not be accommodated depending on seat availability and/or office hours.
Please provide your institution/school with the information listed below. We accept exams by mail or email. We do NOT accept faxed tests. Questions? Please call 847.925.6066 option 2.
Harper WCC Testing Center
Harper Professional Center
650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 2W
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Each exam MUST include the following information:
- Student’s name
- Institution’s name
- Course name and test number
- Materials student is allowed to have/access during the exam
- If a calculator is allowed, please specify what kind (graphing, non-graphing, scientific, etc.)
- Exam instructions (time limit, delivery format, etc.)
- Contact information for the institution/instructor/tech support, including after-hours/weekend contact information.
- Method of returning the exam (address/information to scan and email, fax, mail)
- There is a processing time of one business day for all exams. Paper-Based exams must be received at least 3 business days before the student wishes/needs to take the exam. Our office does not keep unopened exams on file for more than six months.
- Proctors will scan and email, fax, or mail (USPS only) exams back to the student’s institution.
- If the exam must be returned by a traceable method, the institution or the student must provide a prepaid UPS envelope. (If FedEx is used,
- there may be an additional delay of one business day).
- Students are NOT allowed to mail the tests back themselves.
- Completed tests are returned the following business day.