How to Change the Page Header/Title
You can change the main title of a page by editing the page in OU Campus.
- Click the Last Updated link in the lower right of the page you want to edit and login to OU Campus (if necessary).
- Check out the page by clicking the light bulb icon in the upper right.
- Click on the Properties tab along the top. You should see options for Page Parameters.
- Edit the Title field as needed. The Title is what shows up in search results.
- After you've edited the Title, copy and paste the new title into the Page Header field. The Page Header is what actually shows up on the page.
- Review the meta description and update as needed. The meta description is the snippet that shows up in search results.
- Click Save
- Check your page back in by clicking on the light bulb icon.
- Review the page. Take note of the breadcrumb just above the title. If the breadcrumb matches the new title, click Publish.
- If the breadcrumb does not match, you will need to update the breadcrumb file separately.
To update the breadcrumb file:
- Mouse over the Content tab near the top of the browser and choose "Pages".
- Look for a file named _breadcrumb.xml and click to open it.
- Select the text between the <title> tags and paste in the new title. (Below we've bolded the text so it's clear what you should select and replace.)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- com.omniupdate.properties -->
<title>Your Page Title</title>
<!-- /com.omniupdate.properties -->
- Save, check in the breadcrumb file, and publish both this and the page you previously edited.
To update the navigation file:
If your page is listed in your site's main navigation (the gray bar across the top), then you will also need to update your site's navigation file. To do this, find the folder called /includes/ associated with your page. Often, the includes folder will be found at the same level as your site's home page. The navigation file will always be called: header-nav.inc
You can simply type in your update and save and publish. Be sure that the text you entered is still linked. Be careful: The bulleted list is very sensitive, and adding items to the bulleted list can cause formatting issues. If you need assistance, submit a Web Request Form.