Harper Engineering Program
Design your future
By combining science, mathematics, and design, engineers across specialties solve problems and innovate new ideas to improve society.
Starting your engineering degree at Harper is one of the smartest decisions you can make. Through courses focused on mathematics, science, engineering, and communications, you will be well prepared to transfer to a four-year institution to earn your engineering bachelor’s degree, while receiving a high-quality education, close to home.
Start at Harper. Finish at a four-year university.
The Associate in Engineering Science (AES) degree prepares you to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Associate in Engineering Science—Engineering Sample Transfer Plan
- Rigorous coursework. Courses at Harper are designed to meet or exceed the content and rigor of the transfer institutions, as verified by external accreditation agencies.
- History of student success. Harper College has a long history of preparing students to succeed upon transfer.
- Individual attention and support. While support services are available to all Harper students, Harper’s engineering program creates opportunities for students to build time-management skills, improve study strategies, develop lasting relationships with instructors, and collaborate with peers.
- Cost savings. Tuition and fees for a typical full-time Harper engineering student are approximately $5,000 per year compared to annual costs of $15,000 and more.
- Transfer planning and advising. Work with your advisor to choose the courses that meet your academic goals and to develop a transfer plan for the specific school you plan to attend after Harper. Visit Transfer Information or contact your advisor.
Multiple guaranteed admission options
Participants who meet program requirements are guaranteed admission to their selected transfer program as juniors. Guaranteed admission partnerships with Harper include:
- The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (View program information.)
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Engineering
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Engineering and Applied Science
The LIFT Engineering program at Harper College aims to increase the participation and success of underrepresented groups in engineering and computer science. This selective program will support students in becoming successful college students, choosing majors and transfer institutions, and establishing professional networks. Read more about LIFT.
Take the next step toward your engineering degree
- Request Information or contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700
- Attend an Engineering Information Session
- Apply for Admission