Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights
Jump start your career. These are short programs that give you hands-on experience. Classes are offered during the day and evening. Scholarships and other financial aid options are available. Students have free use of computers, library, WiFi and more.
All classes are held at the Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights. Easy access from Prospect Heights, Wheeling and surrounding areas.
Choose from our credit certificates:
Learn basic supply chain logistics f or career growth in areas such as warehouse operations, transportation, material handling and order fulfillment.
- 22% job growth and attractive pay
- Generous scholarships available for students starting August 2020.
- View Logistics Cewrtificate.PDF
Advance in the lodging industry and participate in front desk activities, sales and supervision.
- $11.50 (entry level) to $24.93 (management) hourly average*
- Financial Aid eligible. (FAFSA)
- View Hotel Management Program.PDF
Learn basic care skills for patient well-being in health care facilities.
- $15.72 hourly average*
- Course includes mandatory 40-hour supervised clinical experience
- View CNA program.PDF
Learn skills and techniques involved in the collection of blood from patients or donors for diagnostic testing.
- $17.73 local hourly average*
- Certificate requires a 3 week, full-time clinical internship
- View Phlebotomy program.PDF
Develop the skills and experience needed to begin an entry-level position as an office assistant with this eight-credit-hour certificate program.
- 22% Job growth and $17.50 hourly average; varies by experience and credentials
- Financial Aid Eligible
- Program features special support for academic and career success
- View Office Assistant Certificate.PDF
Questions? Free application code? We can help.
Ready to apply?
For personalized assistance, call 847.925.6212 or email email@example.com
LCC Hawks Care provides an anonymous shopping experience and for currently enrolled students at the LCC in Prospect Heights. This includes Adult Education, Continuing Education, and degree seeking students. We address immediate and short-term food insecurity and provide resources and community partner referrals. We are unique in that we allow students to access our food pantry and other resources in a confidential manner minimizing fear, embarrassment, and stigma. We have trained / multi-lingual front desk associates ready to engage and provide students support. Please contact our front desk at 847-925-6001.
Snack Shack & Shopping Hours
Mon – Thurs 10am – 2pm 4pm – 8pm
Fri 10am – 3:30pm
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Dec 16 - Dec 20 Open 8am - 4:30pm
Dec 23 - Jan 1 Closed
Jan 2 & Jan 3 Open 8am - 4:30pm
Jan 6 - Jan 10 Open 8am - 4:30pm