Graphic Arts Technology
Prepare for a career in graphic arts technology with Harper College’s state-of-the-industry program that features expert faculty and a hands-on approach to learning.
Harper’s Graphic Arts Technology graduates often work for: Advertising agencies/design firms, printing companies, in-house art departments at large corporations, desktop publishing and graphic design companies, or freelance/self-employed.
Earn a career-ready degree
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for immediate entry into this career field. This is one degree with different areas of specialization. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Associate in Applied Science—Graphic Arts Technology
(choose ONE specialization):
- Graphic Design
- Package Design
- Print Graphics
- Web Design
Continue your education
Harper offers transfer guides to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
Earn a workforce credential
Jump-start your career by learning new skills through a certificate program. Many of Harper's certificates are stackable to a degree program through additional coursework.
- Fashion Certificate
- Graphic Arts Certificate
- Design Certificate
- Desktop Publishing Certificate
- Digital Photography Certificate
- Interactive Technology Certificate
- Package Design Certificate
- Variable Data Certificate
- Web Design Certificate
Flexible program options
- Earn Stackable Credentials
- Apprenticeship Opportunities (Earn degrees/credentials debt-free with guaranteed employment)
- Careers in Graphic Arts
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Core Skills and Knowledge
- Graphic Arts Labs
- Professional Resources
- Student Organizations
- Transfer Agreements
- Job Placement Resource Center
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.