Harper College offers a hands-on training program in welding technology, designed for students seeking immediate employment as a welder, solderer, cutter, brazer, sheet metal worker, structural metal fabricator or fitter, and other metal-working careers.
The program emphasizes welding theory and practical application of the major forms of welding. Students learn to interpret welding blueprints and develop the skills necessary to pass welder qualification tests.
Earn a career-ready degree
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for immediate entry into this career field. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Continue your education
Harper offers transfer guides to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
Earn a workforce credential
Jumpstart your career by learning new skills through a certificate program. Many of Harper's certificates are stackable to a degree program through additional coursework.
- Advanced Welding Certificate
- Basic Pipe Welding Certificate
- Basic Welding Certificate
- Welding Fabrication Certificate
Flexible program options
- Earn Stackable Credentials
- Apprenticeship Opportunities (Earn degrees/credentials debt-free with guaranteed employment)
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Illinois Network for Advanced Manufacturing
- Student Organizations
- Job Placement Resource Center
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.