How To Work with Us
At the Illinois SBDC at Harper College, we work with all individuals who wish to start a business or grow an existing business in Illinois. We work closely with our clients to find solutions that work best for them. Our advisors have real world experience owning and operating their own small businesses and act as your sounding board, helping you work through management, marketing, finance and operational business issues. We work with, and respect, all individuals without biases based on differences of any kind. SBDC services (see below) are confidential and are provided at no cost to you. Our services are paid for through a partnership between DCEO, the Small Business Administration and Harper College. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
"I appreciate all the support from Harper's Illinois SBDC in terms of coaching and access to resources. Thank you very much for helping me grow my business!" - Daniellah Salario, Assisting Hands Home Care
What SBDCs Can Help with:
- Provide one-on-one, confidential business guidance for For-Profit Businesses
- Business plan guidance and review
- Help with process improvement and streamlining systems
- Provide management, marketing, financial and operational guidance
- Brainstorm new business opportunities
- Answer questions on SBA 7a and 504 loan programs
- Educational training webinars and workshops to help you run your business
What SBDCs Don’t Do:
- Do not work with NFPs (Non-Profit 501c3)
- Cannot provide legal or tax advice
- Do not provide financial assistance/loans
What Is Expected of You, the Client?
- Complete the online application to become a client here
- Make an appointment with an advisor here
- Do not exceed 4 advisory appointments per month
- Complete two Economic Impact surveys per year
- Cancel your appointment if you cannot make it
"I appreciate the various services that the Illinois SBDC offers. They all have been beneficial to me for growing my business." - Deborah Lawrence, Easy Signing
Our services are paid for through a partnership between DCEO, the Small Business Administration and Harper College. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Illinois SBDC at Harper College is part of a larger network of helpful organizations like PTACs (government contracting), ITCs (international trade). To find a center nearest you click here.