Teaching Endorsements (ISBE)
Special PK-12 Teacher Endorsement Credentials at Harper College
- Online, on-campus and blended formats
- 6 courses, 18 semester hours each
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Complete in 3 semesters or less
- Meets Illinois State Board of Education requirements
- Led by highly qualified faculty holding master's and doctoral degrees
- Applicable to any grade level, even if underlying teaching endorsement on the PEL is different grade range
- Tuition is a fraction of the cost of other colleges
ESL Teacher’s Endorsement and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificates
- Focuses on language and culture, ESL teaching methods, second language assessment, second language acquisition, pedagogical grammar, and more.
- Coursework 100% online or in blended format.
- 100 clock hours are incorporated in coursework assignments through program partnerships and flexible options.
- Prepares you for the ISBE Health Education (142/211) test necessary for official endorsement
- Focuses on sexuality, drugs, and public/community/women’s health
- Prepares you for the ISBE Physical Education (144/213) test necessary for official endorsement
- Focuses on health, psychology, kinesiology, anatomy, sports and coaching
These 18 credit-hour programs allow you to complete an application to the State to have this endorsement placed on your teaching certificates. For more information, visit the ISBE Educator Licensure Teaching Endorsement website.