To apply to the Certified Nursing Assistant program at Harper College, please follow these steps:
- Attend the Health Care Careers Information Meeting or the Online CNA Info Session
- Apply to Harper if you have not previously done so
- Please note that you must complete CNA 111 first before attending CNA 112. When students
have completed CNA 111, they will be registered by Health Careers Department into
the CNA 112 Class.
- To be placed on the IDPH Nurse Aide Registry, you must present a valid social security
card on the first day of class. Background Checks are done before the class starts
and Fingerprinting must be completed in class on the first day. By state and federal
laws, students must be 16 at the start of the 111 class.
- Review program and policy information
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate curriculum
- Additional Costs for CNA Class
- Program Accreditation
- Health Requirements must be completed prior to CNA 112 class
- Complio verification of health requirements to be eligible for clinical
- Student Health Record Form to be Completed by Health Care Provider
- Illinois High School Physical Form: Only for High School Students
- Essential Functions: Students must be able to do the job of a CNA, including lifting
- Nursing Department Main Page
- For those intending to work in another state after completion of this class: Please contact that state's board of regulation to see whether they will accept certification from Illinois
Please note: Information provided on this page is subject to change.