Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certificate
Certified nursing assistants are members of the healthcare team and work under the supervision of nurses to provide basic bedside care such as eating, dressing and bathing. Follow these steps to prepare for this program.
1. Attend the Health Care Careers Information Meeting
2. Review program and policy information
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate curriculum
- Overview, outcomes .PDF
- Additional costs for CNA Class
- Register Soon for Spring Classes- list of Spring Classes
- Summer 2018 Tentative Classes
- Tentative Fall 2018 Schedule
- Health requirements
- Essential functions
- Nursing Department web page
For those intending to work in another state after completion of this class: please contact that state's board of regulation to see whether they will accept certification from Illinois.
2. Apply to Harper
3. Please note mandatory Orientation Session for Spring:
Monday, January 8th at 5:30 on the Main Campus in Z102 or for classes that start in Feb. or March, attend on Thursday Feb 1st at 5:30 on Main Campus in Z102
For Late start classes at the LCC in Prospect Heights: Monday Feb. 5 at 11:45 AM at 1375 Wolf Road, Prospect Heights.
Please note: Information provided on this page is subject to change.