business entrepeneur infotech - banner


Business Logo

Teachers and classroom aides are some of the most important people in the lives of children. They not only provide the educational foundation for students' lives, they give the support and encouragement young people need to succeed.

Harper College offers several degree and certificate programs designed to prepare you for immediate employment or career advancement as a classroom educator or assistant, or to prepare you to transfer to a four-year university to complete a bachelor's degree. Programs include Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Special Education, Paraprofessional Educator, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).

Learn from highly credentialed and experienced educators who make classroom theory come alive through interactive experiences.

The associate degree program at Harper prepares you to transfer to a four-year university to earn a bachelor's degree in education. By taking your first two years at Harper and transferring, you can save more than $18,000 vs. four years at an in-state public university.

Get real-world 
experience through Harper's partnerships with area schools or the Early Childhood Laboratory School
, Harper’s onsite pre-school.

Explore our programs

Harper College offers a number of education-related career and transfer programs. To get started, select one of the program areas below:

Interested in another subject? If you are interested in transferring to study an education-related subject not listed here, please meet with an academic advisor to learn what courses to take to meet your academic goals.

Video: Harper Promise Scholarship Program

Learn how you or your first-year high school student can sign up for the Harper College Promise Scholarship Program and earn up to two years of a college education. Learn more about Harper's Promise Scholarship Program

To get started with education courses, contact Admission Outreach at 847.925.6700, submit a request information form, or submit an online application now.