Secondary Education


High school teachers are trained in the fundamentals of education while majoring in another discipline that is taught at a secondary level.

At Harper College, you will earn either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science, depending on what your desired major is. For instance, if you want to teach high school mathematics, you should pursue an AS degree, while a student who wants to teach English would pursue an AA degree. See your academic advisor for details.

This program will prepare you to obtain your High School Teaching License. Once you transfer to complete your bachelor's degree, you will continue with education as a minor while majoring in a subject available as a high school discipline.

Degree/transfer plans


Next steps

For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our Request information form.