Health Education

Health Education

Health educators teach people about behaviors that promote wellness. They develop and implement strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities. Studying health education can lead to a career in corporate wellness, public health education, parks/recreation, occupational health/safety, epidemiology, behavioral health and more.

The Health Education program at Harper College provides students an opportunity to complete transfer-ready courses work in nutrition, safety, public health, and other health/wellness topics, along with general education requirements. 

AA degree/transfer

This transfer program provides students with courses that can be transferred to four-year programs in health education, public health, community health, or related programs. Students working toward an AA degree may be eligible for financial aid.

Transfer options

Health education teaching endorsement

Many of our courses may be applied to for the Health Education Teaching Endorsement in Illinois. Please check requirements on the Illinois State Board of Education website.


Next steps

To learn more about the Health Education program, contact Pardess Mitchell at 847.925.6097 or