Early Childhood Education
Harper College offers several degree specializations and certificates to begin your career in early childhood education or add teaching credentials. Harper offers Early Childhood Education degrees with Director, Family Child Care and Teacher specializations, as well as numerous transfer options.
At Harper, you'll get hands-on experience through the Child Learning Center, an onsite pre-school.
Harper instructors are highly credentialed and experienced educators who make classroom theory come alive through interactive experiences and teaching practices.
Prepare for immediate entry into this career field. This is one degree with different specializations. Choose one:
- Early Childhood Education—Director
- Early Childhood Education—Family Child Care
- Early Childhood Education—Teacher
AA degree/transfer options
Prepare to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree by viewing the Sample Transfer Plan:
Check out some transfer options:
Add credentials to your resume by completing one of our many specialized certificates.
- Assistant Teacher (Palatine Campus and Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights option)
- Before/After School Care
- Family Child Care I
- Family Child Care II
- Career Paths: Early Childhood Education
- Child Learning Center
- Courses: Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Transfer Guide for Education Majors