Welcome to Continuing Professional Education
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is ongoing training that is required in order to remain certified as a professional in certain fields.
Continuing Professional Education may be critical whether you are entering into a new profession or maintaining your present profession. CPE ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the same field – that your knowledge and skills stay relevant and up-to-date. If you hold a credential such as a degree, license or industry certification you may be required to take courses that fulfill the CPE obligation of a practicing professional.
CPE courses can help you:
- Improve your professional competence.
- Demonstrate that you have made efforts to maintain your competence.
- Show that you comply with professional body regulations and accreditation.
- Demonstrate your professional standing to clients and employers.
Moving Forward Scholarship
Short-term Training Scholarship for Community Members Impacted by COVID-19
To help those negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, Harper College has introduced the Moving Forward Scholarship for short-term training programs. The scholarship will benefit community members who have experienced job loss, require a career change, or have delayed college or employment due to COVID-19.
It awards up to $4,000 in tuition for all Continuing Professional Education programs including:
- contact tracing
- medicinal cannabis
- human resources certification preparation
- real estate licensing
- strategic planning
- substitute teaching
- truck driving
- veterinary assistant training
- technology-focused programs include:
- big data
- web development