Predictive Analytics Using Big Data
Badge earners understand predictive models that create business value from Big Data
solutions. Participants recognize the technology (databases, query languages, architectures)
and statistical techniques of Big Data Analytics. Badge earners have completed a hands-on
Predictive Analytics project.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of statistics, databases, and data management
- Determine the predictive modeling problem definition
- Understand statistical concepts and tools
- Work with relational databases
- Use the R language for prediction
- Examine how to store Big Data using NoSQL frameworks, Hadoop, and Hortonworks
- Process Big Data
- Work with Pig Latin and Hive query language
- Understand advanced analytics
Understands how the growth of smart devices and the huge data they generate, along with the significant increase in the ability of computers to digest and learn from data, has led to Predictive Analytics becoming a critical area of focus for most businesses. Explores the three dimensions of Predictive Analytics. Studies technology (databases, query languages, R language, architectures) and statistical techniques of Big Data Analytics. Learns the statistical techniques underpinning Predictive Analytics, such as regression and correlation. Applies Predictive Analytics to a real-life domain situation. Recommended Preparation: basic understanding of statistics, databases, and data management.