Harper College offers a 150-hour Continuing Professional Education (CPE) course that
prepares students to become a veterinary assistant. The course, which includes 120
hours of instruction and a 30-hour externship, covers topics such as:
- Basic anatomy and physiology of animals
- Medical terminology
- Animal grooming and bathing
- Patient care and restraint recordkeeping
- Customer service
Interested in a career as a veterinary assistant? To get started, find courses on
the Upcoming Courses page, or visit How to Register.
|LAG8010 Veterinary Assistant Training|
Prepares students to work with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and veterinary
assistants to provide medical care as well as facilitate positive customer relationships.
Covers how to complete basic office procedures and provide care to companion animals.
Examines veterinary practices in a variety of settings through class field trips,
in-class labs, and an internship. Provides students with the experiences necessary
to become employed in a veterinary clinic, boarding/grooming facility, animal shelter,
animal control facility, or pet store.
- Comprehend basic anatomy, physiology and medical terminology'
- Correctly restrain a variety of veterinary patients including birds, small animals
- Provide routine record-keeping and observation of hospitalized patients
- Complete 120 hours of classroom training and 30 hours of clinical experience
Some CPE courses may be eligible for grants and scholarships on a limited basis. We encourage you to apply for funding to learn more about options
that may be available to you. To apply, please complete the Scholarship Application form.
For more information, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact Continuing Professional Education by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.925.6757.
This page contains content generated using Bard, a large language model from Google