Tableau Desktop is a powerful data visualization software that allows you to create
interactive dashboards and stories from your data. It is used by businesses of all
sizes to gain insights into their data and make better decisions.
The Harper College CPE Tableau Desktop courses teach you how to use Tableau to:
- Connect to a variety of data sources, including spreadsheets, databases, and cloud-based
- Clean and transform your data
- Create visualizations that are clear, concise, and engaging
- Share your visualizations with others
These courses are offered online. If you're interested in learning Tableau, or if
you want to take your Tableau skills to the next level, visit the How to Register page. These courses may be eligible for scholarships or WIOA funding. See funding opportunities for details.
Tableau Course Descriptions
|LDT8001 Tableau Desktop I|
Learn how to identify and configure basic functions of Tableau. Create views and customize
data visualizations. Create maps, dashboards, and stories. This course is intended
for individuals using desktop or web-based data management tools to perform numerical
data analysis. Experience using Excel and an understanding of database design concepts
- Identify and configure basic functions of Tableau.
- Connect to data sources, import data into Tableau, and save Tableau files.
- Create views and customize data in visualizations.
- Manage, sort, and group data.
- Save and share data sources and workbooks.
- Filter data in views.
- Customize visualizations with annotations, highlights, and advanced features.
- Create maps, dashboards, and stories.
|LDT8002 Tableau Desktop II|
Report on data insights and trends with Tableau. Learn to manipulate data with calculations to show insights, make visualizations
interactive and perform statistical analysis. Learn to enrich visualization with advanced
calculations and showcase data insights from statistical analysis. Recommended preparation: Tableau Desktop I or equivalent experience.
- Blend data to visualize relationships.
- Join data.
- Access data in PDFs.
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters.
- Manipulate data with calculations.
- Visualize data with advanced calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Enrich visualizations, dashboards, and maps.
Tableau Course Schedule
Find upcoming classes in Tableau. To register for courses, see the How to Register page.
For more information, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact Continuing Professional Education by email at email@example.com or call 847.925.6757.
This page contains content generated using Bard, a large language model from Google